понедельник, 13 октября 2008 г.

eagles football team songs




So this weekend I was in play-in-a-Day, which was interesting by itself. I was cast as an incredibly horny, IQ 50 jock. (Type-casting, sigh...)

But thatapos;s not what I want to write about. I want to write about Ivy Wei.

Ivy Wei is a chinese foreign exchange student to UMM. I was leaving class one day, and I saw her over at theatre callboard. I recognized the facial expression of trying to translate some writing and struggling with it. So I went over to see if she wanted some help. She asked in very broken english about play-in-a day. I explained it a bit but I donapos;t think she really got it. She hadnapos;t done anything theatre-y before. She didnapos;t have a clue what she was getting into. But she explained that she had nothing to do that day, and she wanted to try something new and fun.

Up until this point I had no plans of doing the play-in-a-day. I was behind schedule on my senior project. Plus, the date, suspiciously close to my birthday, triggered my superstitions.

Well I donapos;t know what it was, but something made me sign up with her. Iapos;m not sure if it was her attitude, a desire to soothe her fears about signing up, or curiosity to see where this would lead.

Fast forward to the evening before play-in-a-day. I see Ivy wandering the student center in confusion. She couldnapos;t find where the meeting for play in a day was, so I guided her. She was very upbeat, but it was clear that she didnapos;t fully understand what was going on.

So the next day we do the thingy. My part was from one of Abbeyapos;s scripts, so of course it was interesting. We had waaay more downtime than I expected, so I couldnapos;t help wondering how Ivy was doing. To be honest I was afraid it was going to be a disaster.

Then we get to the actual performances, and everything is going fine. And then we get to the play that Ivy was cast in.

And, wow. She was fucking awesome.

She just went out there and did it. She didnapos;t care that she didnapos;t have the "acting polish" that everyone else had. She didnapos;t care that she didnapos;t understand much of the script. She didnapos;t care that her english was difficult to understand. She just went out there and *did* it. She was amazing, and the crowd loved her. She won the night.

And Iapos;m sitting here, blown away. She traveled here from freaking China. She had never done anything remotely theatre before. She didnapos;t know anyone else doing this. She didnapos;t know what she was getting into. She just went out, on her own, to do something completely different for one day. Because she didnapos;t have anything else to do.

And she made me think about myself. I have done a lot of wondering what life is going to be like after college. And to be honest, most of those predictions have been fairly bleak.

But now, I have hope. Ivy Wei gave me hope.

Bless her.

featuring mike jones lyrics, eagles football team songs, eagles football team song, eagles football team roster, eagles football team pictures, eagles football team picture.



Комментариев нет: